To prime your swimming pool pump.
- Get a bucket and fill it with with pool water.
- Take the lid off the pump basket.
- Pour water in the basket.
- As the water rises it should drain down the pipes feeding the pump.
- It may take quite a lot of water.
- When the basket area is full put the lid back on securely.
- Turn on the pump with just the bottom drain open to the inlet of the pump.
- You may need to do this several times.
- once water is flowing turn on each inlet tap, giving time to settle.
- One poorly designed pools, you may need to turn the taps slowly, so as to not introduce too much air at once.